Call for papers
Submissions are invited for oral and poster presentations for ICONN 2016 which is being held in Canberra, ACT from 7 - 11 February 2016.
Access the Online Presenter Portal in order to submit an abstract.
View the Presenter Portal Instructions to help you submit, edit and withdraw an abstract.
All papers are to be submitted electronically in accordance with the guidelines below.
|Call for submissions open||31 July 2015|
|Call for submissions close (extended)||28 September 2015|
|Authors notified on accepted submissions||31 October 2015|
|Early Bird registration close||15 December 2015|
|Deadline for presenting authors to register||15 December 2015|
|ICONN 2016||7 - 11 February 2016|
ICONN 2016 seeks submissions that are relevant to the following themes. These themes are broad and inclusive and may assist with directing your submission.
- Computational Nanotechnology
- Nanotechnology for Energy and Environment
- Commercialisation, Safety and Societal Issues of Nanotechnology
Paper Submission Guidelines
- The lodgement of this paper does not indicate automatic inclusion in the conference program.
- Paper receipt and acceptance will be acknowledged to the person submitting the paper.
- Further communication will be with the submitting author only unless otherwise directed. We recommend that the user ID and email belong to the main author that will be presenting at the conference.
- Check adherence to 'Submitted Paper Requirements' below.
- Once you have created your individual Presenter Account via the link to the Online Presenter Portal as above, please select the "Submit New Paper" link and follow the prompts to upload your paper.
- Please indicate if you wish for your paper to be accepted as an 'Oral Presentation' or displayed as a 'Poster'. Please note it is at the Committee's discretion which papers are accepted for Oral Presentation.
- You will be instructed to browse your computer and upload your paper as a Word document using the MS Word Template provided.
- The Presenter Portal will allow authors who have submitted a paper to review and/or update their paper anytime until 20 September 2015.
- Please note that this is the only submission for the conference and will be used for the conference program. There will be no full manuscript conference proceedings.
- Detailed instructions on how to upload, edit and withdraw your paper submission can be found here.
Submitted Paper Requirements
Your two page extended abstract must be submitted in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) format using the template below, so that the conference book of abstracts can be generated automatically.
Please ensure your paper is carefully proofread before uploading.
Download the MS word template
Your paper should be written use the following formatting.
Please set the paper size to A4, single column and set the margins to be 2 cm all around. Do not use headers or footers.
Arial 16 pt font, bold and centred, 6pt space to next line.
Arial 12 pt font, centred, presenting author underlined, superscript for affiliation, 0 pt space to next line.
Arial 10pt font, centred, commence each affiliation on a new line, 0 pt space to next line.
Arial 12 pt font, title bold, abstract text to follow on directly after the title.
Body of paper
Arial 12 pt font, section titles bold, section text to follow on directly after section title, indent by 1cm the first line of subsequent paragraphs, and separate paragraphs and sections by 6 pt. Number sections using standard numbers, not Roman Numerals or alphabetic identification.
Equations should be generated using an appropriate typesetting package compatible with Microsoft Word.
Tables and Figures
Refer to tables or figures in the template text using the form Table 1 or Fig. 1 (i.e. capitalise the word Table or Figure and do not abbreviate "Table", but do abbreviate the word "Figure"). Tables and figures must be numbered and have descriptive captions. Use Arial 10pt font in tables, the figure and table captions should be Arial 10pt and indented 0.5 cm.
Arial 12 pt font, bold and left justified (Heading), and Arial 10 pt font, and left justified (Text).
Arial 12 pt font, bold and left justified.
Following the review of papers, authors will be notified via email of their paper acceptance no later than 31 October 2015.
Accepted Paper Requirements
- Each paper must have at least one author registered by the earlybird registration closing date 15 December 2015.
- The author must register and be at the conference to present the submission either orally or by poster presentation.
- Please note that all conference costs, including registration fees, must be met from your own resources.
- Papers which do not meet these requirements will be withdrawn from the conference program.