Name of Group Leader:Amanda S. Barnard
Physical Address:CSIRO Materials Science & Engineering
Gate 5 Normanby Road,
Clayton, VIC, 3168
Mailing Address:Private Bag 10,
Nanotechnology Research Programs/Activities:* Predictive modeling of the environmental stability of metal nanoparticles used in catalysis and sensing
* Predicting the environmental stability and the free radical production efficiency of iron oxide nanoparticles produced during mineralization, biomineralization, laboratory synthesis and in space.
* Modeling the properties of carbon nanomaterials for high-performance, and quantum applications
* Computational modeling of diamond nanoparticles for next generation chemotherapeutic delivery systems.
* Mapping the nanomorphology and environmental stability of ZnS nanoparticles used in energy production and storage applications
* Developing new theoretical techniques and software for predicting the kinetically and thermodynamically derived morphologies of nanoscale materials
* Modeling economic sustainability of nanotechnology, and relating the properties of products containing nanoparticles with consumer choice behavior
Scale of Nanotechnology Research Effort:Currently 2 postdocs, 2 PhD students. Current annual budget >$500k.
Nanotechnology research facilities:Theoretical and computational resources, including shared facilities at NCI and HPCCC.
- Dr Amanda Barnard
- Dr. Hector Barron Escobar
- Mr Christopher Feigl
- Dr Haibo Guo
- Dr Lin Lai
- Dr Hongqing Shi
- Dr Baichuan Sun
- Miss Ellen Swann