Name of Group Leader:Prof. Cameron Kepert
Physical Address:School of Chemistry
University of Sydney
Phone:02 9351 5741
Fax:02 9351 3329
Nanotechnology Research Programs/Activities:Synthesis and characterisation of metal-organic framework materials exhibiting a range of interesting and useful properties, including the following: nanoporosity (includes gas separation/capture/storage, enantioseparations, molecular activation), electronic switching, magnetic ordering, electron delocalisation, photoexcitation, and negative thermal expansion.
Scale of Nanotechnology Research Effort:Current research group consists 5 postdocs, 8 postgraduate students and 2 undergraduate students. Annual research budgets of ca. $500K.
Nanotechnology research facilities:I manage the following facilities at USyd:
* Single Crystal X-ray Diffraction Facility (Bruker APEXII and Agilent SuperNova)
* Physical Property Measurement System (Quantum Design) for magnetic, electrical transport and heat capacity measurement.
* Intelligent Gravimetric Analyser (Hiden) for gas and vapour sorption analysis.
* Micromeritics ASAP2020 gas sorption analyser.
Other instrumentation includes
* Panalytical PXRD (capillary and flat plate)
- Mr John Clements
- Mr Samuel Duyker
- Mr Jehan Kanga
- Professor Cameron Kepert
- Dr Natasha Sciortino
- Dr Qun Yu