Name of Group Leader:A/Prof Jared Cole
Physical Address:School of Applied Sciences
Physics, Level 6, Building 14
Mailing Address:Jared Cole
School of Applied Sciences
GPO Box 2476
Phone:+(61 3) 9925 9555
Fax:+(61 3) 9925 5290
Nanotechnology Research Programs/Activities:Active Projects:
1. Phosporous-doped Silicon devices and molecular modelling.
2. Nano Au structures, molecular modelling.
3. Environmentally sensitive equilibrium morphology phase mapping of nanoparticles/nanorods, (Collaboration with CSIRO).
4. Titanium Defects in α-Quartz With a Focus on Properties Relevant to Geo-Thermometers, (Collaboration with CSIRO).
5. Room Temperature Ionic Liquids, (CSIRO Flagship Fellowship Grant, International Science Linkages Grant).
6. Nitrogen-vacancy defects in Diamond, molecular modelling and decoherence properties.
7. Superconducting circuit theory for information processing and metrology.
8. Spin physics, entanglement, measurement and decoherence.
9. Atom-photon interactions and the boundary between quantum optics and condensed-matter.
Scale of Nanotechnology Research Effort:3 staff, 5 postdocs, 12 students
- Dr Akin Budi
- A/Prof Jared Cole
- Mr Martin Cyster
- Mr Timothy DuBois
- Ms. Maria Javaid
- Dr. Jan Jeske
- Professor Salvy Russo
- Mr Jackson Smith
- Dr. Nicolas Vogt
- Ms Kelly Walker