Dr Nikhil Medhekar
Room 115, Building 82, Monash University, Clayton, VIC-3800.
Research Group: Computational Materials Laboratory (Monash)
Phone: +61 3 9905 1421
Current Research Activities* Investigating atomic and molecular structures using advanced computational techniques.
* Relationships between large-scale electronic, chemical and mechanical properties of nanomaterials and their atomic structures.
* Functional materials: materials for energy and electronics applications.
* Battery materials: structure, electrochemical propties
* Alloys and metals: atomic structure
* 2D layered materials: structure and properties.
* Computational techniques: quantum mechanical modelling, density functional theory, large-scale molecular dynamics, phase field simulations, continuum mechanics modelling.
Existing LinkagesUniversity of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA.
University of Massachusetts, Amherst, USA.
McGill University, Montreal, Canada.
CSIRO Division of Materials Science and Engineering, Melbourne, Australia.
University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia.
RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia.