Dr Cordelia Selomulya
Department of Chemical Engineering
Faculty of Engineering, Clayton Campus
Research Group: Monash Advanced Particle Engineering Laboratory
Phone: +61 3 990 53436
Fax: +61 3 990 55686
Current Research Activities• Synthesis and applications of nanoparticles and nanomaterials, including functionalizing magnetic nanoparticles for protein separation and enzyme immobilization, synthesizing nanostructured materials for catalytic processes in energy conversion
• Particulate aggregation to understand the mechanisms of aggregate formation, hydrodynamic behaviour, micro-properties, and implications to macro-properties, e.g. dewatering behaviour, sediment compaction, selective precipitation, sludge densification
• Aggregate characterization, using different tools including light scattering/obscuration methods, image analysis, tomography. Applications on water treatments, mechanical bioseparation, and formulation/use of personal care products.
• Simulation and modeling by integration of 3D imaging and modeling tools to predict system performance from micro-properties.
Existing Linkages• Leeds Institute of Particle Science and Engineering, UK
• ARC Centre for Functional Nanomaterials, UNSW, Australia
• CSIRO Minerals/Petroleum, Australia
• DuPont Engineering Research and Technology, PARSAT, USA