Dr BALAJI RENGARAJAN
SCHOOL OF APPLIED SCIENCES (3.2.5A),
124 LATROBE STREET,
Research Group: Polymer Science Research Group
Phone: 03 99252153
Fax: 03 9925 2122
Current Research Activities1.Investigation of the chemical and microstructures of Polymer Nanocomposites based on Carbon Nanotubes, Fumed Silica etc for emerging industrial applications.
2.Synthesis of macromonomers and amphiphilic palm-tree polymers using Atom Transfer Radical Polymerization(ATRP) to design switchable surfaces for industrial application oriented processless wet offset printing.
3. Novel interpenetrating polymer networks (IPNs) and mesoporous polymers from new IPNs for biomedical and other advanced applications.
4. Synthesis of novel macrocyclic polymers, supramolecular polymers and immobilization of macrocyclic compounds on silica gel, polymers and solid-support etc. for LC, chemo- & bio-sensors, separation and purification applications etc.
5. Photocrosslinkable Functional Polymers containing Pendant Photosensitive Chalcone Moiety
6. Synthesis and Characterisation of Schiff Base Containing Polymers and Determination of Copolymer Reactivity Ratios
Patents: 2, Publications 22; Communicated, In Press: 10, Conferences: 2
Existing Linkages1. German Wool Research Institute (DWI),
Chair of Textile and Macromolecular Chemistry,
2. Laboratory For Polymer Research (LRP),
CNRS - University of Paris XII, FRANCE.
3. Pohang University of Science & Technology(POSTECH),
Pohang, South Korea.
4. Department of Chemistry,
Anna University, Chennai-600025, INDIA.